“Jennifer: The Movie” (October 29, 1983)
We’re celebrating both Halloween and week two of our celebration of Ann Jillian with an episode about how the 1983 NBC series Jennifer Slept Here is both so very weird and also a little gay boy’s fantasy — because it pairs an awkward boy with glamorous ghost, and that’s secretly what every little gay boy wishes he had to guide him through his awkward years. This is peak 80s, but also it has one of the best sitcom themes ever, regardless of decade.
Watch Drew’s video of the 1982 Night of a Thousand Stars fashion show, which features Ann Jillian looking like her most Debbie Harry ever.
Gawk in awe at:
- The opening to Mr. Smith
- The opening to Double Trouble
- The opening to Mr. Merlin
- The opening to Down to Earth
- The opening to Ann Jillian
- Ann as the Red Queen in the live action Alice in Wonderland + the very scary Jabberwocky scenes
Shop for Gayest Episode Ever shirts, totes and more on our TeePublic page.
Buy Glen’s movie, Being Frank.
Support us on Patreon!